A Summer Day at Garden Sweet Farm for Girls Who Want to Explore How Small Choices Make a Big Impact
On June 15th, Pretty Brainy & OtterCares are teaming up for a summer day of STEAM service learning & mentoring at Garden Sweet Farm. Get your hands dirty, smell the flowers, pick the veggies, learn with leaders, give back to your community, and be inspired.
Why You Want to Join:
- Learn about sustainable, regenerative, organic agriculture principles and practices.
- Discover how the food we choose to buy and eat has a big impact on the environment and our health.
- Connect with the earth and mentors while giving back to our community on this nurturing land.
- Gain service learning experience on which you can build for college and scholarship applications
What You Can Expect:
- Enjoy the morning on this gorgeous farm with mentors from OtterBox, learning about the ecological and health benefits of locally sourced food.
- Harvest food that will be donated to the Larimer County Food Bank, pull weeds and cut fresh flowers for bouquets to be sold at the garden stand.
- Picnic at the farm and dive into what being a leader in our community means and how we can support each other on the STEAM path.
- Bring a pair of gardening gloves, sunscreen & hat, a packed lunch & water bottle, and whatever else you need for a day of fun in the sun!
*You know: science, tech, engineering, art + design, and math. Or STEM with Art + Design at its heart.
Space is limited and filling up fast. Register you and your bestie by June 9th!
Date: June 15th
Event Time: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Garden Sweet, 719 W. Willox Ln, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Refreshments: Coffee, Juice & Bagels in The Morning
Here’s how —
1. Complete the registration form below.
2. Click “Submit.” You will be taken to a page where you will be given essential reminders and can make a donation for the program if you feel called to do so.