Kit includes —
- LilyPad Switched Coin Cell Battery Holder (1)
- LilyPad Sewable LEDs (2)
- Hair Clip (1)
- Peacock Feathers (2)
- Craft Flower (1)
- Pre-cut Wire (4 lengths)
Not included, but easily acquired —
- Coin cell battery (CR2032)
Design, Hack & Share
Once you have your Aloha Light-Up LED Barrette Kit in hand, we have a Challenge for you. Here is your chance, in 3 steps, to make something uniquely you.
- Go to prettybrainy.com/ihackedit. Use the instructions to make the Aloha Light-Up LED Barrette.
- Now get creative. What else can you make with the very same stuff? Hack your design. Take it apart. Make something new and utterly you.
- Share your new project on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #SFE_ihackedit. Your design will gain the attention and admiration of many.
Stuff Parents & Teachers Like to Know
With the Aloha Light-Up LED Barrette Kit and its accompanying tutorial, young people gain learning experience in —
- The science and concepts of electricity
- How to build a circuit
- Understanding processes
- Reading and interpreting a schematic