Ready to Be a Leader in Your Community? Apply by May 1.
Pretty Brainy is looking for young women ages 13 to 19 to join its all-girl Leadership Team to help shape STEAM1 programming for girls and young women. Qualities we look for in team members include courage, integrity, self-awareness, empathy, and respect for others, our communities, and the Earth.
Leadership Team members must have a willingness to develop and use their respective voices and abilities to take action through planning, collaborating and contributing to the conversation on how Pretty Brainy can best serve girls. See our previous team and imagine claiming your seat at the table!
Leadership Team Members Will —
- Collaborate with Pretty Brainy staff and others once a month through zoom or in-person meetings to help create programs and events that will inspire, encourage and support girls along their path of exploring and excelling in STEAM.
- Attend Pretty Brainy events, including Ada Lovelace Day, Mentor & Mentee Meet-Ups and other events where girls have an opportunity to learn alongside mentors and peers and interact with those who would guide them in their professional goals and dreams.
Intrinsic Benefits of Being on the Team
- Learn leadership skills.
- Learn strategic and innovative thinking.
- Develop the confidence and tools to take community action.
- Strengthen your resume and college and scholarship applications (check out this testimonial from a past Pretty Brainy member).
- Collaborate with peers and mentors to plan Pretty Brainy programs.
- Make new friends and participate in a supportive community of women and girls who share similar interests and goals.
- Meet and be mentored by professionals who are leaders in their respective fields.
- Develop a network that can help you achieve your goals.
Leadership Team Member Qualifications
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Desire to serve your community.
- Commitment to exploring STEAM and how STEAM is a hands-on experience of creating, building awareness about your world, and owning the outcomes of what you have created.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others on a team.
- One 90-minute Leadership Team Meeting per month.
- Two to three events per year.
- Additional hands-on opportunities, as necessary, to successfully launch and present programs.
New Deadline: Apply by May 1
To apply, complete and submit the Leadership Team Application no later than May 1 at 12 midnight. Once you have completed and submitted your application, you will hear back from a Pretty Brainy team member within 72 hours.
1STEAM is Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Math.