Will You Get Your Cute New Shoes?
Here is an easy review of the math game and the correct answers for each step of the problem.
1. The original shoe price was $52. (That’s a gimme!)
2. Convert the fraction ¼ to a decimal.
3. Divide the numerator (the top number) by the denominator (the bottom number):
1.0 ÷ 4 = .25
4. Multiply the decimal number by the full price: .25 x 52 = 13. The 1/4 off savings is $13.
5. Subtract the amount of money saved from the original price. 52 – 13 = 39.
6. How much is the sales price? The answer is $39.
7. What is the difference between the sales price and the amount of money you have, $30? The answer is $9.
If you found that you would need to ask your aunt for $9, you are correct!
Return to the blog post.
Check out our fashion designer’s handbook and kit, Fashionably Mashed: THE STEM OF FASHION DESIGN.