Be the Change, Become a Mentor
“The mentors are amazing because they never got to do this when they were younger, so they love helping us.” — Autumn, age 13
A mentor. She can be the reason a girl sees the purpose in science and math and how a girl sees her abilities and herself. In a recent LinkedIn study, 82 percent of women professionals called mentoring — being a mentor and being mentored — a critical component of their success.
If you are an individual or group representative who would love to work with the next gen of thinkers and problem-solvers, decision-makers and leaders, let’s connect. Email email@example.com with the word Mentor in the subject line. Include your name, contact info, and where you are located.
Pretty Brainy Mentors —
- Are females age 19 and older.
- Are working toward or have completed, as a minimum, a bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
- Complete a background check through Verified Volunteers.
- Participate in mentor training. Our training helps you connect with your inner tween and prepare you to jump into your new role.
- Participate in before and after workshop sessions.
- Plan their schedules for the length of a program, usually 25 to 45 hours, depending on the program.
- Are willing to model, for example, how to ask critical questions, creatively think, approach problems, face challenges, be resilient, and collaborate.
- Meet girls where they are on the path to discovering what they love and tap into who they were at age 11, 13, 16 and so on.
- Currently are located in Colorado.
“I Wish I’d Had This When I Was Growing Up”
Mentors as young as age 19 say this about Pretty Brainy.
You can have the experience now.
Become a Pretty Brainy mentor. Experience science, tech, engineering, art and math/STEAM in the context of what girls value most, including service learning, philanthropy and design. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 720-203-1749.
We love our mentors. They love mentoring with us. It’s a beautiful relationship. Find out what’s on our short list for cultivating and appreciating mentors. Enjoy our free download.Download the Guidelines
A Community of Women and Girls in STEAM
Who is Pretty Brainy? We are a 501(c)(3) education nonprofit organization whose vision, over the next 10 years, is to empower 2 million girls to develop their STEAM abilities and genius to positively impact their communities and world.
We make STEAM relevant to girls.