Be the Change, Become a Mentor
“When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” — Dr. Maya Angelou
Our latest opportunity to mentor is Ada Lovelace Day: Secrets of STEAM Success. Ada Lovelace Day 2022 is devoted to teen girls ages 13 through 18 gaining professional skills to navigate the STEM and STEAM landscapes with know-how and confidence. The event unfolds Oct. 14 in Fort Collins, CO. Leading professionals will guide, instruct, serve as practice partners, and set the scene for girls to practice their new skills in a real networking event. Learn more and choose your mentoring role for this signature 2022 STEAM event. Mentor orientation will be held Oct. 5 in Fort Collins. Sign up by Sept. 28.
Ready to start now?
A Mentor Will Shift How a Girl Sees Her Abilities and Herself
In a recent LinkedIn study, 82 percent of women professionals called mentoring — being a mentor and being mentored — a critical component of their success.
If you are an individual or group representative who would love to work with the next gen of thinkers and problem-solvers, decision-makers and leaders, let’s connect. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Mentor in the subject line. Include your name, contact info, and where you are located.
Pretty Brainy Mentors —
- Are females age 20 and older.
- Are working toward or have completed, as a minimum, a bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
- Complete a background check through Checkr, Colorado State University, or a school district in Colorado.
- Participate in mentor orientation. Orientation helps you connect with your inner girl and prepares you to step into your new role.
- Plan their schedules to be present for the length of a given program.
- Are willing to model, for example, how to make mistakes, ask questions, creatively think, approach problems, face challenges, and collaborate.
- Meet girls where they are on the path to discovering what they love and tap into who they were at age 11, 13, 16 and so on.
- Currently are located in Colorado.
“I Wish I’d Had This When I Was Growing Up”
Mentors as young as age 20 say this about Pretty Brainy.
You can have the experience now.
Become a Pretty Brainy mentor. Experience science, tech, engineering, art + design, and math — STEAM — in the context of what girls value most, including service learning, philanthropy, community, and creativity. Email email@example.com.
A Community of Women and Girls in STEAM
Pretty Brainy is a qualified charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose vision is to empower girls to develop their STEAM abilities and genius to positively impact their communities and world.
We’re fierce about empowerment. Learn more about our mission.
Download Our Fact Sheet of Outcomes