Be the Change, Become a Mentor
“The mentors are amazing because they never got to do this when they were younger, so they love helping us.” — Autumn, age 13
Our newest opportunity to mentor is MISSion Innovation: Girls. Innovate. Real. Life. Situations. MISSion Innovation is high school girls and college women innovating for Climate Action while building their resumes and platforms for college admissions and scholarships. The event will be at Colorado State University Sept. 22 and 23, daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Teams will innovate in response to challenge statements in support of the Fort Collins Climate Action Plan, articulated through the Innovate Fort Collins Challenge. This is a collaborative, all-woman event. Learn more.
Or pre-register now to mentor a team of five or join the Operations Team.
A Mentor Will Shift How a Girl Sees Science, Math, Her Abilities, and Herself
In a recent LinkedIn study, 82 percent of women professionals called mentoring — being a mentor and being mentored — a critical component of their success.
If you are an individual or group representative who would love to work with the next gen of thinkers and problem-solvers, decision-makers and leaders, let’s connect. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Mentor in the subject line. Include your name, contact info, and where you are located.
Pretty Brainy Mentors —
- Are females age 19 and older.
- Are working toward or have completed, as a minimum, a bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
- Complete a background check through Verified Volunteers.
- Participate in mentor training. Our training helps you connect with your inner tween and prepare you to jump into your new role.
- Participate in before and after workshop sessions.
- Plan their schedules for the length of a program, usually 25 to 45 hours, depending on the program.
- Are willing to model, for example, how to ask critical questions, creatively think, approach problems, face challenges, be resilient, and collaborate.
- Meet girls where they are on the path to discovering what they love and tap into who they were at age 11, 13, 16 and so on.
- Currently are located in Colorado.
“I Wish I’d Had This When I Was Growing Up”
Mentors as young as age 19 say this about Pretty Brainy.
You can have the experience now.
Become a Pretty Brainy mentor. Experience science, tech, engineering, art and math/STEAM in the context of what girls value most, including service learning, philanthropy and design. Email email@example.com or telephone 720-203-1749.
A Community of Women and Girls in STEAM
Pretty Brainy is a qualified charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose vision is to empower 2 million girls to develop their STEAM abilities and genius to positively impact their communities and world.
We are fierce about empowerment. Learn more about our mission.